Applying to Participate in U School
2018-19 Applications are now closed
U School only accepts schools in socially vulnerable (within Edmonton), Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis and Inuit) and rural (outside metro Edmonton) communities. For questions about eligibility, the application or evaluation process, please contact us.
U School accepts completed applications for each individual teacher and class hoping to attend U School. U School considers a 'class' to consist of a maximum of 35 students along with their homeroom teacher. We require that each class also brings an additional adult supervisor (who can be different each day) during their week.
Historically, we receive more applications than we can accommodate. Please make sure you are submitting a new application if you have previously applied and that you fully address all the requirements outlined in the application.
If you have questions, please feel free to loot at the Inquiring Minds website and/or contact us.
Our applications are evaluated based on a variety of criteria:
- Where is the school?
- Has the school or teacher participated in U School before?
- What is the quality of the application?
- Does the application address all the questions asked?
- Does the application demonstrate a passion for site based education in a post-secondary environment?
- Why is U School an appropriate fit for your class?
Click here to see samples of previous years' successful applications and sample schedules.